Listen to the full episode Ritters commitment to better health began as a quest for personal improvement but continued as a desire to help others professionally.
Following a successful career as a top junior and collegiate golfer, Cate shifted her focus to nutrition. Her experience working in professional kitchens in the U.S. and abroad, as well as her athletic background and unique perspectives on wellness, have given Cate a variety of tools to help others effectively achieve their goals.
Cate Ritters Background
* Cate Ritter is a Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner, Health Writer, of THE LEAN 18, Founder of Cates Nutrition Kitchen and Director of Nutrition for MAKE THE TURN Performance.
* Cates approach: Delicious + Doable = Sustainable. If you enjoy the foods you eat and they fit into your schedule, its easier to maintain the healthy lifestyle.
* Her work has been featured on ABC15 News, The Wall Street Journal, U.S. News and World Report, Womens Health, Runners World, Golf Digest, Readers Digest, Outside Magazine, Golf Channel Magazine, and more. Shes also Contributing for Laird Superfood.
Highlights from this Episode
* The focus on simplicity and the importance of building healthy habits that fit into our schedule as well as the difference between understanding food as fuel and food as nourishment.
* How to properly read food labels to get the best nutrition for your buck, as well as discussing the importance of protein and breakfast as energy sources.
* The importance of fats in a diet and battling the misconception of low-fat and no-fat as being the healthier option. She also talks about the differences in healthy and unhealthy fats and the importance of preparation when it comes to setting these habits.
* How to eat more mindfully and the importance of aware eating as a habit. She discusses how when living a very fast-paced life, its easy to eat while multi-tasking but being aware while eating is shown to both increase happiness, health, and flavor.
* We talk about the new trend of collagen as a source of protein and its multiple health benefits as well as different ways to implement it into your diet including bone broth and kombucha.
Caddy Shack or Happy Gilmore?
What is your walk-out song?
Superbad by James Brown
Who would you want to spend a day on the course with, and where?
Im happy playing just about anywhere with my hubby. I love just going out to Poppy Hills here in Pebble Beach and playing 9 holes in the early evening.
What has you most excited in your career/mission right now?
Making healthy eating and healthy living delicious and doable, so its sustainable.
Parting words of advice?
Eat whole foods or at least products made from whole, single-ingredient foods.
Where to find Cate and Make The THE LEAN 18 on Amazon
Buy: THE LEAN 18 on iTunes
To continue the conversation and ask any questions you have, head over the 18STRONG Sponsors
PGATour Mobile App:.