Nutrition for Weight Loss


Frank Melidona, DO of The Villages Health, explains how weight loss is about 20% exercise and 80% nutrition. This video is just one of many that offers health and wellness tips at youre trying to lose weight, pay attention to your nutrition more than your exercise level. Weight loss is only about 20% exercise; the other 80% is nutrition. You cant out-run or out-exercise your fork.

“There are two different types of exercise levels: NEAT (Non-Exercise Activity Thermogenesis) and EAT (Exercise Activity Thermogenesis). NEAT is the voluntary and unconscious stuff that you can do thats not really exercise but helps your body burn calories. You can add a little bit of activity, like standing, which burns more calories than sitting. So, if you have a desk job consider doing some of your work standing.

“How about strolling? When you get to Publix, try parking farther away from the front door so youre adding a little bit of exercise.

“The worst modern invention that ever came about was the remote control. Remember getting up from your chair to change the TV? We dont do that anymore; we just point and Then there’s the dishwasher: you’ll burn more calories standing at the sink and washing dishes rather than throwing them in the dishwasher.

“Doing these little things on a daily basis, you would burn about 200 extra calories without even thinking about it. Thats going to come into play when youre starting to lose weight.”

Learn more about weight This is for entertainment purposes only and it is not meant to be relied on as medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Consult your physician before starting any exercise or dietary program or taking any other action respecting your health. In case of a medical emergency, call to the Evergreen Wellness channel
Socialize with us. Its good for you!.

HealthyPete

View all posts